John P. Madgett Station
The John P. Madgett Station (JPM) is adjacent to the Alma Station, just south of it on the Mississippi River. JPM was built in the late 1970s at a cost of $179 million.
Named after the late John P. Madgett, general manager of Dairyland Power Cooperative from 1947 to 1978, JPM has been in commercial operation since November 1979. The single unit station has a generating capacity of 400 MW of electricity.